Pimples and other blemishes are a normal part of any teen’s life, but they can still negatively affect your child’s self-esteem. If so, it may be time to visit an acne clinic.
Here are seven questions you and your child should ask the top teenage acne specialist in Bethesda, Maryland during your visit!
But First, When Is It Time for Your Teenager to See a Specialist?
Your child may need to visit a professional for medical advice if:
- It impacts their self-confidence.
- Over-the-counter products don’t improve their skin.
- Their acne appeared after they started taking medication.
- They ask to see a doctor for their acne.
- They struggle with severe or painful acne, such as cystic acne.
- They’re developing acne scars.
What Questions Should You Ask During Your Appointment?
During your teenager’s consultation with a teenage acne specialist in Bethesda, Maryland, there are some questions you should ask.
This helps you both to determine the best treatments for your child’s acne, such as AviClear, how to prevent this skin condition, and similar matters.
Ask the following:
- Are there any products or treatments we should avoid?
- What are the different types of acne, and why do they occur?
- What can be done to make acne scars less likely?
- What over-the-counter products do you recommend for at-home management?
- Which medications and treatments do you offer?
- When should we schedule future appointments?
- Will health insurance cover the services you offer?
Can You Find the Best Teenage Acne Specialist in Bethesda, Maryland? Not Quite, But You Can at Potomac Pediatrics in Rockville!
Our primary care providers at Potomac Pediatrics are here to help you and your family with difficult matters like acne. We offer safe and effective treatments for this stubborn skin condition, plus help your children to develop healthy skincare habits!
Call us today at 301-279-6750 to book an appointment!