Groups Led by Jennifer Alfonso, MBA, MSW, LCSW-C, CEAP
Exclusive to patients of Potomac Pediatrics!
- Are you spending too much time on technology and not enough time being present in your everyday life?
- Do you find yourself constantly checking your smart phone for notifications?
- Do you ever panic if you forget your phone at home?
- Does your family spend more time on devices than talking to each other?
Plugging in has made life easier in many ways. Most people no longer use a paper map or a phone book. Being plugged in also has made life more stressful. When your smartphone is down to one percent left on its charge, what do you do? If you’re like most of us, you dig out your charging cord as fast as you can and make a mad dash to the nearest available outlet. You may find yourself attached to devices causing you to be distracted and overwhelmed and making a healthy life balance challenging. As a parent it is important to unplug at times so you feel more connected to your family and the world around you. Join this webinar to learn about the benefits of a technology break and learn strategies for both you and your family on how to digitally detox for periods of time.
- Learn about technology burnout
- Understand social media addiction
- Learn the effects of connection overload
- Understand the benefits of unplugging
- Review tips to “detox” for both you and your family
All parents can fall victim to parenting burnout. As parents we often don’t learn how to avoid or protect ourselves against burnout, a condition at the end of the stress continuum.