What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine (aka televisits) is a HIPAA compliant virtual appointment. In this scheduled appointment you will have the providers undivided attention for 10 minutes all from the comfort of your home or work desk.
Now offered by Dr. Glassman!
Telemedicine Appropriate Visits
- Behavior Concerns
- Sleep Issues
- Academic Issues
- Select follow-up encounters (with Dr. Glassman’s approval)
Benefits of Telemedicine:
No more phone-tag: This is a common frustration for both parents and providers. We want to connect with you and answer your question but reaching one another can often be a challenge!
You will have the providers undivided attention and receive the advice you’re seeking for 10 minutes: No interruptions and if you need to show the provider something they will have the ability to see your child in real time!
Improved Documentation: With telemedicine, we are able to capture images while we’re talking with you and import them into your child’s chart. If a follow-up is needed we have the ability to see the progression of rashes, eye infections, wounds, etc.
Things you should know:
- Not all medical questions and conditions are appropriate for televisits. If we receive a request that is best suited for an appointment in office, a staff member will contact you to schedule an office visit.
- Televisits will be billed to your insurance company. Copays, coinsurance, and deductibles will apply.
Setting up your televisit:
If you have a question for your primary care provider, please ensure you have completed the following prior to calling the office to schedule your televisit.
- Ensure you have logged in to the patient portal within the past 2 months. If you are locked out of the portal, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to reset your account. You may access the patient portal by visiting our website and clicking on the link found in the top right corner.
- SMARTPHONE USERS: Download the Healow app
- SMARTPHONE USERS: Setup your Healow account by searing for Potomac Pediatrics and logging in using your patient portal credentials.
- DESKTOP USERS: Favorite your patient portal login page for easy access in the future.
- Email us: If you’d like to schedule a televisit please email us at email@example.com and someone will be in contact to set this up. Please make sure you have access to the Healow app or desktop version as a test call will be required to ensure the technology on both ends is working correctly.