What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine (aka televisits) is a HIPAA compliant virtual appointment that during this COVID-19 pandemic is being covered by most insurances. In this scheduled appointment you will have the providers undivided attention from the safety and comfort of your home. However, during your televisit it may be determined that your child needs to be seen in the office for an exam or testing. We have modified our office space and schedule to ensure we can deliver safe medical care.
- Must be 2 years and older!!!
- Child must be present at the time of the televisit. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Telemedicine Appropriate Visits
- Behavior Concerns
- Sleep Issues
- Academic Issues
- Select follow-up encounters (at the physician’s request)
- Puberty concerns
If your child is experiencing symptoms that are not on this list, please call or chat an advice nurse to find out if they are eligible for a telemedicine visit.
Benefits of Telemedicine:
No more phone-tag: This is a common frustration for both parents and providers. We want to connect with you and answer your question but reaching one another can often be a challenge!
You will have the providers undivided attention and receive the advice you’re seeking in real time: No interruptions and if you need to show the provider something they will have the ability to see your child in real time!
Improved Documentation: With telemedicine, we are able to capture images while we’re talking with you and import them into your child’s chart. If a follow-up is needed we have the ability to see the progression of rashes, eye infections, wounds, etc.
Things you should know:
- Not all medical questions and conditions are appropriate for televisits. If we receive a request that is best suited for an appointment in office, a staff member will contact you to schedule an office visit.
- Televisits will be billed to your insurance company. Copays, coinsurance, and deductibles will apply and will be collected at the time of scheduling.
- Email us: If you’d like to schedule a televisit please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in contact to set this up. Please make sure you have access to the Healow app or desktop version.
- It’s important to note that not all insurance plans cover telemedicine visits.
Setting up your televisit:
If you have a question for your primary care provider, please ensure you have completed the following prior to calling the office to schedule your televisit.