We are excited to announce that Potomac Pediatrics will now be resuming ear piercing appointments! Ear piercings will be held in the office, and will be offered at specific times of the day — with either Dr. Neha Suri or Natalia Darling, PA.
To ensure the safety of our patients and families during the COVID-19 pandemic, our office is taking the following precautions below:
– Both Dr Neha Suri and Natalia Darling will only be seeing well patients the day of your child’s piercing.
– Both providers will also be wearing appropriate PPE for each visit.
– Each exam room will be wiped down thoroughly with disinfectant between each visit.
Here is what we ask of you!
– All parents and patients (2 yrs and older) are required to wear a face covering.
– No more than 1 parent per patient is allowed in the office at a time.
– No grandparents are allowed in the office unless they are the sole primary caretaker.
– No siblings of children are allowed in the office unless they themselves have an appointment.
– Both patient and parent will be screened at our doors for any possible COVID-like symptoms or contact with a known COVID-19 case.
Please keep in mind that patients must be at least 2 months old and have received their first set of vaccines in order to be eligible for ear piercing. To make the procedure more comfortable for your child you may opt to have numbing cream placed on your child’s ear lobes prior to the piercing at no extra cost. If you would like to have numbing cream you will need to arrive 45-60 minutes earlier than your scheduled appointment time. You may also request a prescription for the numbing cream be sent to your pharmacy. Your pharmacy copays will apply. When applying the cream at home please apply it to the lower ear lobes at least 40-60 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Please call us at (301) 279-6750 if you wish to schedule a piercing appointment!
The cost is $95 and includes a pair of 24 karat gold stud earrings and the option to use numbing cream.
- Children must be 2 months of age or older and need to be up to date on their vaccinations.
- Children between the ages of 2 months – 9 months and those older than 4 years of age tolerate the procedure the best.
- Non-patients of Potomac Pediatrics may call to schedule an appointment for this service.
- $50 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of scheduling. Cancellations and reschedules must be made 24 hours in advance.
Ear care after piercing: The earrings used at the time of the piercing should be left in place for 8 weeks after the procedure. Cleanliness is essential. The earrings should be rotated in the ears twice a day and earlobes cleaned with alcohol or other antiseptics twice a day. Newly pierced ears should be protected from irritants such as hairspray and cosmetics.
Earrings: We are not a reseller and do not sell these earrings by themselves. Please be advised that if you purchase earrings prior to an ear piercing appointment we will require that you use the earrings provided by our office.
Please note that the ear piercing fee is non-refundable and must be paid in full prior to services being rendered.