Parenting teenagers can often feel like you are navigating a minefield. Even the most competent parents come against new challenges during this stage of development. In this session, Amy Gates will help parents problem solve their specific communication challenges and offer new ideas for relating to their teens.
You will have a chance to discuss:
- how to navigate your teenagers’ desire for privacy and independence vs your desire to maintain control
- how to maintain boundaries and elicit respect
- how to find ways to connect as they withdraw
- how to communicate more effectively with your teen without repelling him
- have a chance to discuss and problem solve your specific challenges
Ideal Age: Parents of children 12-18 yrs
Space is limited to two adults per family and is exclusive to patients of the practice. This seminar is for parents, guardians, and caretakers only! Children will not be permitted to attend this seminar.
Future Dates Coming Soon…
Other Seminars You May Be Interested In:
Winning Over Worries! Teen Anxiety Basics
To learn more about our Primary Care Psychiatry program click here.