Areas we can assist you and your child
- Failure to Thrive
- Toddler Feeding Issues
- Developmentally appropriate feeding recommendations
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Lipid Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Nutrition Education Programs
- Weight Management
- Supporting Peak Athletic Performance
- Prevention of Adult Cardiovascular Disease
- Supplemental Food Programs
Prior to your initial consultation please complete the assessment and questionnaire below.
- Complete Consultation Forms:
- Nutrition Assessment
- Verify Insurance Benefits:
- We are credentialed with Insurance companies however; Nutrition benefits are policy specific. Please call the 1-800 number on the back of your insurance card or login to your insurance website to verify your child’s nutrition benefits.
- If your policy doesn’t offer nutrition benefits contact our office to learn about our affordable discounted self-pay options.
- Complete Nutrition Waiver
Please fill out the form below to request an appointment:.
Recipe of the Month!
Healthy Chocolate Hummus
- 2 cups cooked, unsalted chickpeas
- 3-4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder*
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter OR almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients into the cup of a large food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Serve with fresh fruit, crackers, or pita chips.
*Note: Use 3 tablespoons of cocoa for a lighter, “milk” chocolate hummus, and 4 tablespoons for “dark” chocolate hummus.
Growing healthy eaters is an 18-year journey that begins with their first adventure with solid food! It’s exciting to introduce new foods and watch your baby’s face as they go through an array of “tasting emotions”. Feeding however isn’t always the easiest task and many parents struggle with:
- Knowing what their child needs for every stage of growth and development or
- How to get their child to eat a variety of foods
- How to deal with their picky eater
- Navigating around allergies or intolerances
- Perfecting a well-balance diet
As parents we can’t know it all and it’s okay to ask for help! At Potomac Pediatrics we’re part of your medical home and we want to help you with your feeding struggles. Our Registered Dietitian, Jane Henley, has designed seminars for parents that are geared to provide you with information and tools you need to successfully introduce healthy balanced meals. These unique classes focus on:
- Portion sizes
- Eating habits
- Correcting and preventing common food battles
Get ahead of your feeding struggles and register for one of our upcoming nutrition seminars!