Peanut Butter Party
Are you having a stressful time with the thought of or actually introducing potentially allergenic foods to your baby? Rather than sitting in our parking lot and hoping for the best, we invite you to join us for our first ever Food Introduction Session. Just bring your baby, and feeding supplies (including food) with you and we will be on hand for guidance and medical support in the unlikely event that medical intervention is required.
This session will be lead by our very own Dietitian, Heather Marko, and one of our highly experienced triage and clinical team members; Nurse Nicole, who just so happens to also be a mother of a child with food allergies.
Please be advised that this session is geared towards infants and toddlers that are developmentally prepared to eat solid foods.
- If your baby has severe eczema and/or egg allergies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for this event.
- Your child should have been introduced to 2-3 foods prior to attending this event.
While the name of the seminar implies it is solely for the introduction of peanuts, parents are welcome to introduce any of the major allergens they may be anxious about. Here are some ideas of what you could bring with you to introduce:
Potential Allergen Foods:
- Egg Hardboiled egg, scrambled egg
- Milk Pudding, dry milk powder mixed into a food of choice, yogurt
- Wheat Toast strip, small bits of cooked pasta
- Soy Tofu, edamame cooked soft and mashed, soy flour mixed into a food of choice
- Peanut Peanut powder mixed into a food of choice, thin layer peanut butter on toast, peanut butter diluted with water until thin (1:1 ratio)
- Tree Nut Almond / Cashew butter diluted with water until thin (1:1 ratio), thin layer almond / cashew butter on toast
Please remember: only one allergen is to be introduced at this workshop and your child should be eating a couple of other solid foods first.
Ideal Age: 4 months – 9 months
Please only purchase 1 ticket per parent/baby.
*Must be a current patient of Potomac Pediatrics to participate in this event.
What is your cancellation/ no-show policy?
No shows and failure to cancel your reservation with 24 hours advanced notice will result in a $15 fee and will be charged to your credit card on file within 24 hours of the missed event.
Follow this link to learn more about the nutrition services offered here at Potomac Pediatrics!